Friday, July 22, 2011

Last Day with the kids!

After a week that went by very quickly, today was our last day at the school! It was very sad. Yesterday, the high school kids threw us a party with presents and treats! Today the elementary kids did the same. It was remarkable how much these kids want to give back to us for teaching them English! The day was not lost on tears ( however those were present) but a joyous day knowing that one day we would some how all find our way back to the school. We ended the day by visiting an orphanage of children who have HIV. These kids are some of the happiest kids I have seen, with that fate that they have. We really had a great time. It will be so hard to leave Monday, leaving behind all these kids that I just wish I could pack in my suitcase. My students are so smart, bright, and extremely talented that I wish I could share that with everyone. It truly was a blessing and an opportunity of a lifetime to meet all the kids and people we have met here. Although I am ready to be back home, I will never forget the school and all the kids!
-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment